r

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Interior Decorating 101...

Ok, after about 3 tries I finally found a paint color that I liked for my office! First, it was the original color that the builder chose. An off-white color. I decided to paint it bright yellow. After about 3 weeks I said to myself, "What was I thinking!?" You had to basically wear sunglasses when you walked in the room and you never want to turn the ceiling light on because after a while the walls would begin to glow!

So, I decided to repaint the office again. This time a brown color called "chocolate coco" . My brother gave me the name and color of a paint that I could buy at Home Depot. I called Hank and told him to pick it up after work and I would paint the next day. Well, once we opened the cans, we noticed it was very dark. Darker than we thought. It resembled hershey's chocolate. I figured maybe after the paint dried, it would get lighter. Needless to say it didn't. I finished the room and waited a few days to get a few other opinions from visitors. They all said, "It's a very pretty color, but the room is too small." So... I decided to paint again....

Hank and I went to Home Depot a few days later and we played with the computer that lets you paint rooms. After debating on many paint swatches, we decided on "Toffee Crunch." It is much lighter than "Chocolate Coco" yet still beige/brown.

Sorry.. due to the quick time frames between painting, I didn't get any pictures of the Chocolate Coco or the Yellow, but I can give you the original and finished room pictures. I also decided to paint our Master Bathroom the same color.






Here is the Bathroom:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Nice!! I like that color... still think you should have went with the Death by Chocolate... LOL...

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home